Vanilla Mousse on Almond Cake with Ripe Mango Sauce
Chef Florian Bellanger of Fauchon in New York City
Adapted by StarChefs
Yield: 8 servings
1 ounce almond marzipan - (at least 50% almonds)
1 ounce granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup butter, room temperature
1 whole AA Grade egg
1 ounce all purpose flour
1 ounce oven roasted almonds, wholeTahitian Mascarpone Mousse
2 Tablespoon fresh milk
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
1/3 vanilla bean
1 egg white
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 whole ripe mango
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 pinch black pepper, ground
1. Combine Marzipan, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract.
2. Add the butter when it is at a creamy consistency; combine.
3. Pour in the eggs, combine and add the all purpose flour.
4. Grind the roasted almonds (in pieces of 1/4 inch) and pour into the
5. Spread the mixture in an ovenproof mold (any shape desired) 3/4 in
6. Bake at 350º for about 8-10 minutes.
7. Refrigerate overnight.
Tahitian Mascarpone Mousse
1. Cut the vanilla bean in 3 parts, save one for this recipe.
2. Cut that third of the vanilla bean in the half by the length and infuse
overnight in milk.
3. Pour the milk in the Mascarpone cheese and combine
4. Whip heavy cream and refrigerate.
5. Whip the egg white and the sugar little at a time to tighten them.
6. Pour the mixture of Mascarpone in the whipped egg white, using a spatula,
7. Fold in the whip cream and combine gently.
8. Refrigerate for one hour.
1. Peal and dice the mango
2. Using and electric blender make a puree of mango.
3. Add granulated sugar, lemon juice and black pepper.
1. Peel and cut the mango in very thin slices and long shapes.
2. Using a frying pan, caramelize the mango with 1 Tablespoon fresh butter
and 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar. Keep warm.
3. Cut the almond cake in 3-triangle shape (2 x 2.5 inches) and place
triangle in each plate.
4. Pour some mango sauce in the side of the cake.
5. Using a tablespoon, make a "Quenelle" (form in an egg shape)
of the Mascarpone mousse on top of the almond cake.
6. Decorate with slices of caramelized mango.
7. Serve Immediately.
<| Back to Menu