White Asparagus and Baby Artichoke Salad
with Dandelion Greens and Prosciutto di Parma
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 bunches white asparagus, peeled and blanched
- 18 baby artichokes
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled and cut into triangles
- 12 ounces dandelion greens
- 6 ounces Prosciutto di Parma, sliced paper-thin
- 4 ounces Reggiano Parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1 cup olive oil plus 3 Tablespoons
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice plus juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine shallots, mustard and vinegar. Allow to macerate for fifteen minutes. Clean and trim baby artichokes and braise in the cup of olive oil and the half cup of lemon juice until tender. Season with salt and pepper and reserve.
Marinate the red bell peppers and the asparagus in the remaining olive oil and the fresh squeezed lemon juice. Combine the rest of the vinaigrette ingredients. Toss the dandelion greens with enough of the vinaigrette to coat, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
To serve, place the salad mixture on a cold plate and garnish with the white asparagus, baby artichokes, red peppers, Prosciutto di Parma and Parmesan cheese.