Veal in Basil Sauce recipe
- Basil, butter
- 4 tablespoons sweet softened butter
- 3 tablespoons minced basil
- 2 cloves garlic (mashed)
- Veal 12-14 veal scallops cut thin
- salt and fresh black pepper
- Flour for dredging
- 2 tablespoons sweet butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup beef stock
- dask of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with water.
1. Preheat oven at 325 degree, butter a large flame proof baking dish and set aside.
2. In a bowl combine softened butter with basil and garlic and beat the mixture with wooden spoon until blended and smooth. Chill
3. Dry veal with paper towels. Season with salt, pepper dredge with flour.
4. In a large skillet melt butter and oil . Cook veal on each side until brown. Remove veal slices to buttered baking dish.
5. Add the shallots to the skillet and cook until tender.
6. Add the wine and bring to a boil.
7. Add the beef stock and bring to boil and1teaspoon corn- starch mixed with water or stock.
8. Pour sauce over the veal and cover baking dish with buttered foil. Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes. Garnish: 2 tablespoons sweet butter, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 cups cherry tomatoes, salt, pepper and minced parsley.
9. Heat butter and oil in skillet and cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper & cook foe 3 minutes. Sprinkle with minced parsley over veal when veal is done. Remove to a severing platter. Sprinkle with lemon juice and surround it with cherry tomatoes.
10. Whisk in the cornstarch mixture little by little cooking until sauce coats a spoon.
11. Remove the pan from the heat, add the basil butter and whisk the sauce until the butter melted add seasonings and spoon sauce over the veal and tomatoes.
[Return to Minnie Giraldi's Home Page]
Main Menu | Recipe Search | Newsgroups | Rumbles & Murmurs | Culinary Careers
QuickMeals | Secret Ingredients | Help Wanteds | Archives | Feedback
Copyright © 1999 StarChefs All rights reserved.