Baked Apples in White Wine
Yield: 4 servings
In a saucepan combine the wine, cider, sugar, honey, raisins, cranberries, butter and cinnamon. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 3/4 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 1/3 cups golden raisins
- 1/3 cup cranberries
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon or cinnamon stick
- 6 apples, cored and peeled 1/3 down
Arrange apples in a baking dish. Pour warm wine mixture over them, filling the cavities of the apples with raisins and cranberries. Bake in the middle of a preheated 350°F oven, basting occasionally for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until tender.
[Return to Minnie Giraldi's Home Page]
Main Menu | Recipe Search | Newsgroups | Rumbles & Murmurs | Culinary Careers
QuickMeals | Secret Ingredients | Help Wanteds | Archives | Feedback
Copyright © 1999 StarChefs All rights reserved.