brussels sprouts and wild mushrooms
Chef Scott Campbell of SQC – New York, NY
Adapted by StarChefs
Yield: 6-8 Servings
- 2 ounces butter
- 30 pearl onions, peeled
- 2 pints Brussels sprouts, cleaned and halved
- 2 ounces Chanterelle mushrooms, cleaned and halved
- 2 ounces Morel mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 ounce lardons, julienned and rendered
- 24 chestnuts, roasted and peeled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ ounces turkey stock
- 1 bunch chives, thinly sliced
- 12 sprigs chervil
Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat ½ ounce butter in sauté
pan. Once lightly browned, add pearl onions and sauté lightly.
Then bake in oven 15-20 minutes. Bring pot of salted water up to boil
and add brussels sprouts and cook until they still have good color and
texture, then drain well.
In separate sauté pan, heat 1 ounce butter and sauté mushrooms
and lardons. Next add chestnuts, brussels sprouts, seasonings and finish
with pearl onions. Place all vegetables on large plate or platter.
While finishing vegetables, bring turkey stock to boil, whip in remaining
½ ounce butter,to create turkey-butter fondue, season and finish
with chives. Surround vegetables with butter fondue and garnish with chives
and chervil sprigs.