jerusalem artichoke “hash”
with virginia ham, leeks, and fresh sage
Chef Todd Gray of Equinox – Washington D.C.
Adapted by StarChefs
Yield: 6 Servings
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- 1 cup Virginia ham, diced
- 18 Jerusalem artichokes, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups leeks, diced and cleaned
- ½ cup shallots, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 6 sage leaves, fine chiffonade
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In large sauce pan, heat grapeseed oil over medium flame. Add ham, allow
to render 3-5 minutes. Add Jerusalem artichokes and cook until golden,
about 10 minutes. Add leeks, shallots and garlic and cook minutes more.
Add butter, sage and seasoning, then remove from fire, transfer to round
dish. Serve warm.
Domaine Weinbach “St. Catherine”, Alsace, 2001