Executive Chef/Owner Hamersley's Bistro, Boston, MA
1. Take the turkey out of the refrigerator and sit at room temperature
25 minutes before cooking.
2. Cover the turkey with a buttered cheesecloth while cooking. Remove
the cheesecloth 1/2 hour before end of cooking time to brown the skin.
3. Rest the turkey 20 minutes before carving to cool the juices.
4. Rub an interesting spice mix into the turkey and serve it with an
Moroccan -- serve with a couscous stuffing
Southern -- serve with an andouille and cornbread stuffing
Northeast -- serve with a traditional-style stuffing
Asian -- serve with a soy, garlic, ginger, sherry and rice noodle stuffing.
5. Do not let human turkeys loose in your home!
Turkey Tips 1996 Home
About Gordon Hamersley
Tips Archives: 1996 | 1997
| 1998 | 1999
| 2000 | 2001
Holiday Entertaining: What are you cooking?
Sweet Spot: Holiday