Yield: 6 servings
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Juice of 3 oranges
- Juice of 3 limes
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 1-inch thick salmon steaks (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- 6 Tablespoons chopped cilantro, for garnish
1. In a shallow glass or ceramic bowl, whisk together the vinegar,
orange and lime juice, and garlic. Add the olive oil, whisking until
blended. Stir in the 1/3 cup cilantro and season to taste with salt and
pepper. Lay the salmon steaks in the bowl and carefully turn to coat
with the marinade. Cover and let the salmon marinate for 30 to 60
minutes at room temperature, turning the fish once.
2. Preheat the broiler.
3. Transfer the salmon and the marinade to a shallow roasting pan. Broil the salmon steaks for 5 to 6 minutes to a side until flaky but
4. Serve each steak with a tablespoon of the cooked marinade drizzled
over the top and garnish each with a tablespoon of chopped cilantro.