Salt Cod Espuma
Chef Paul Liebrant of Corton – New York, NY
Adapted by StarChefs.com
Yield: 8 servings
1 side Salt cod (soaked in water for 2 days)
10 peppercorns, toasted
6 cloves garlic, sliced thin
2 shallots, sliced thin
1200 grams milk
250 grams coconut milk
1 Idaho potato, grated with skin on
1 bunch parsley
4 sprigs thyme
one egg white
1.5g Xanthan gum
Combine all ingredients in a pot, and cover with a cartouche. Bring up to a simmer very slowly until everything is cooked through and soft. Then chill in an ice bath and let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
Pass through a superbag. Add the egg white, versawhip, and xanthan gum to 450g of the salt cod mix. Blend with a hand blender to emulsify. Strain into the whipper and charge with 2 N20 cream chargers. To serve warm, keep the mixture in a bain marie at 60c.
- Combine all ingredients in a pot, cover with cartouche
- Bring up and simmer very slowly until everything is cooked through and soft.
- Chill in ice bath. Allow to sit overnight to infuse
- Pass through superbag.
- Add one egg white to 450g of salt cod mix, 4.5g versawhip, 1.5g Xanthan gum-blend with hand blender to emulsify
- Strain into whipper and charge with 2 N2O cream chargers
- To serve warm keep in bain marie at 60c.