Adapted from Andrew DiCataldo
Yield: 6 serving
Sea Urchin Mojo
1/2 cup uni (sea urchin), (sold at Japanese fish markets or sushi shops)
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers, roasted and finely diced
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Mix ingredients thoroughly and keep refrigerated.
6 large Diver sea scallops
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil, for cooking
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Heat a skillet with the canola oil. Season scallops with salt and pepper. Place scallops in a hot pan and sear for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Turn scallops and remove pan from heat.
- 1 cucumber, peeled, cut in half, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
Toss the cucumber and onions with 4 tablespoons of the Sea Urchin Mojo.
To serve, in the center of each plate, place a bundle of cucumber salad, top with a sea scallop and more of the Sea Urchin Mojo. Serve at once.
1997 Belondrade y Lurton Verdejo Rueda (Spain)