with Lychee Nuts and Plantains
Chef Andy Husbands of Tremont
647 - Boston, MA
Adapted by StarChefs
Yield: 4 Servings
- 8 ounces sushi quality tuna, diced
- 3 Tablespoons chives, minced
- Juice of 2 limes
- ¼ cup lychee nuts, diced
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 green plantain, sliced thin lengthwise
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 scallion, minced
In a large bowl, combine the diced raw salmon and lychee nuts.
Add the lime juice, chives, extra virgin olive oil, roasted red
peppers, and season with salt and pepper.
In a sauté pan, fry the plantain slices in the canola oil.
Serve the tartar atop the fried plantain chips, and garnish with
the minced scallion.