Hot garlic toasts pulled
from the oven when the cheese has melted and just turned golden brown are irresistible
and perfect for rounding out this simple Sunday dinner where risotto is the
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread,
cut into twelve 1-inch round slices
- 6 cloves garlic, halved
- 3 or 4 tablespoons extra-virgin
- 2 or 3 tablespoons freshly grated
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Rub each slice of bread generously with a garlic half and place
on a baking sheet.
3. Brush the olive oil over the bread slices. Sprinkle with the cheese
and bake for 3 or 4 minutes until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Dinner by Barbara Scott-Goodman and Mary Goodbody
Copyright 1998 by Barbara Scott-Goodman and Mary Goodbody
Permission by Chronicle Books
[More Winter Recipes]