This garlic bread
is equally delicious with either plain French bread or sourdough. Sourdough
is chewier and its subtle tang blends seductively with the oil, garlic
- 1 large sourdough baguette, halved lengthwise
- 4 to 6 large cloves garlic, halved
- 4 to 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Cut the baguette halves into thirds for 6 large pieces of
bread. Rub each generously with garlic and then brush with olive oil.
Sprinkle with cheese. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 15 to
20 minutes, until lightly browned. Serve hot.
Dinner by Barbara Scott-Goodman and Mary Goodbody
Copyright 1998 by Barbara Scott-Goodman and Mary Goodbody
Permission by Chronicle Books