Chef Richard Earl of Luce –
Los Angeles, CA
Adapted by StarChefs
Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
- 1 cup chopped leeks, white and light green parts only (about
1 large leek)
- 2 cups peeled diced Yukon Gold potatoes (about 2-3 medium)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2-3 ounces manufacturing cream*
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
*Manufacturing cream contains 33% butterfat (as opposed to heavy
cream which contains 31% butterfat) and makes for a richer, more
velvety soup. Heavy cream may be substituted.
- truffle oil
- sliced chives
- bacon bits
- crispy julienned fried leeks
Sauté leeks over medium heat for several minutes, until tender.
Add potatoes and enough stock to cover; cook until potatoes start
to crumble. Puree mixture in blender, adding more stock as necessary
to thin out. Finish soup with cream. Strain through a china cap. Season
to taste with salt and pepper.
Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with crispy fried leeks, chopped
chives, bacon bits and a drizzle of truffle oil.
An earthy sake such as the Rihaku “Wandering Poet” Junmai