Passover Banana Cake
8 eggs, separated
cups granulated sugar
ripe bananas, mashed
cup orange juice
cup Concord grape wine
cup matzo cake meal
cup potato starch
Tbs. commercially prepared grated orange rind
cup chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Beat egg yolks with sugar until light.
3. Blend mashed bananas with orange juice & wine until smooth.
4. Sift together the matzo cake meal, potato starch & orange
5. Add dry ingredients alternately with the banana mixture
to the beaten egg yolks.
6. Add chopped nuts.
7. Beat egg whiles, stiffly, & fold into banana mixture.
8. Bake in an ungreased 10-inch angel food cake pan for
60 to 70 minutes.
9. Test with a toothpick for doneness.
10. Turn upside down to cool.
Can be served with sliced strawberries that have been blended
with a little sugar to taste. This makes a delicious strawberry
short cake and is the way my family enjoys it. This make
a moist cake that keeps well.