Boneless Chicken Breast with Apricot Jam
8 to 12 servings
- 1 cup boiling water (or 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup chicken
- 3 cups matzah farfel
- 1 1/2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 3 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon kosher-for-Passover oil
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 whole chicken breasts, halved, bones removed but skin
left on (You may have your butcher do this for you)
oven to 350°F.
make the stuffing, pour the boiling water over the farfel
and wait until all the water is absorbed. Let cool.
the onion, green pepper and celery in the oil over a medium
heat until the onion softens. Combine the beaten eggs, sauteed
vegetables and soaked farfel in a medium mixing bowl and
season with salt and pepper to taste.
stuff the breasts, hold each breast half in one hand (skin
towards the palm). Spoon about 3 tablespoons of stuffing
on top. Pull the skin up around the stuffing and use a toothpick
to fasten the breast closed.
open-side down in a greased ovenproof pan and put a teaspoon
of apricot jam on the top of each roll.
for 1 hour, uncovered.