Chef Roberto Santibañez of Rosa Mexicano—New
Adapted by StarChefs.com
Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and diced
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 3 bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1 pound dates, pitted
- 1/2 pound almonds, blanched
- 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sweet wine
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and puree.
Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and simmer over low heat,
approximately 15-20 minutes, adding additional wine or water
as needed. Allow to cool; cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Serve Harroset as a spread with matzoh.