|Salt and Vinegar Fingerling Potato Chips with Tarama Aioli
Chef Jason Hall of Anthos/Mia Dona – New York, NY
Adapted by StarChefs.com
Yield: 8 Servings
- 3 pounds fingerling potatoes
- 1 gallon distilled white vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 10 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch dill, chopped
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- 8 ounces tarama*
- Lemon juice (for seasoning)
- White vinegar (for seasoning)
For the Chips:
Slice the fingerlings lengthways on the mandolin 1/8-inch thick. Rinse starch off sliced potatoes with cold water. Soak in cold vinegar for 12 hours. Drain and fry at 300° F until golden brown.
For the Tarama Aioli:
Emulsify oil into eggs, garlic, dill and mustard to make a basic mayonnaise. Fold in Tarama. Adjust mustard with the lemon juice and white vinegar.
To Assemble and Serve:
In a small serving bowl, top aioli with chips vertically.
* tarama refers to the salted and cured roe of the cod or the carp or cod
back to top