Pork Chops with Mustard and Dates
Chef Robert Del Grande of Café Annie –
Adapted by StarChefs
Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 pork loin chops, 4 to 6 ounces each
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sized yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons high quality hot Dijon mustard
- 8 Medjool dates
- Walnut oil, to taste (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large sauté pan over high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of
the extra virgin olive oil. Add the chopped onions and bacon to
the pan, and sauté until the onions are tender and the bacon
is lightly browned.
Remove from the heat and transfer the onions and bacon to an oven-proof
In the same sauté pan, heat the remaining olive and sear
the pork chops on both sides to lightly brown. Remove from the heat
and add to the casserole dish on top of the onions and bacon. Liberally
spread the hot Dijon mustard on top of each pork chop.
Cut the dates in half each lengthwise, remove all seeds and arrange
four halves on top of each chop.
Bake uncovered for approximately 25 minutes or until fully cooked.
Drizzle lightly with walnut oil if desired. Serve immediately.