Chef Chris Schlesinger
Adapted by StarChefs
Yield: 4 appetizer or dessert servings
Ramos Quinto da Ervamoira 10 Year Tawny Port
- 1 cup good-quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sugar (or more, depending on the sweetness of
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 peaches, halved and pitted
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces blue cheese of your choice, crumbled
In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, sugar and pepper and
bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for
45 minutes to an hour, or until reduced in volume by about two-thirds
until the glaze is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
Rub the peach halves with olive oil and grill over medium to
medium-low fire until just slightly charred, 8 to 10 minutes.
Brush the tops with the glaze and grill for another 2 to 3 minutes,
or until the glaze begins to caramelize.
Remove the peaches from the grill, brush on another layer of
glaze and cut into thick slices. Place the slices on individual
plates, crumble cheese over them and serve.