Chef Mario Batali
Adapted by StarChefs
Yield: 4 appetizer servings
- 1 1/2 cups great northern beans, cooked
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons plus 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh marjoram leaves, chopped
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups fresh mâche, washed and spun dry
- 12 prawns, size U-10, with heads on, partially peeled
- Salt and pepper to taste
Pre-heat grill or broiler. Bring 3 cups water to boil in a small
In a mixing bowl, stir together cooked beans, rosemary, 2 tablespoons
extra virgin olive oil, red onion, marjoram, and juice and zest
of lemon. Season with salt and pepper.
Plunge mint leaves into boiling water for 30 seconds and remove
to ice bath. Squeeze excess liquid from leaves and process in
food processor for one minute with 3/4 cup olive oil. Set aside.
Mix mâche with beans and arrange in center on four plates.
Season prawns with salt and pepper, brush with oil and grill
until cooked through. Remove from grill and stack three prawns
on each plate against mâche and beans in a tee-pee fashion.
Drizzle with mint and serve.