- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
the oven to 400 degrees.
- 1 1/2 pounds firm, ripe nectarines
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
To prepare the topping: Mix the flour, sugars, salt, and spices
together in a medium mixing bowl. Cut in the butter until the
mixture resembles coarse meal.
To prepare the fruit filling: Pit the nectarines and cut into
1/3-to 1/2-inch-thick slices. Toss the nectarines in a bowl
with the blueberries, sugar, and flour. Pour the fruit into
a 9-or 10-inch-square baking dish. Sprinkle the topping evenly
over the fruit.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until
the top is browned and the juices are bubbling up around the
edge. Remove from the oven and cool for at least 15 minutes
Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
Use the following combinations of fruits or devise your own.
Use 5 to 6 cups of fruit in all. It is best to start with 1/4
cup sugar, taste the fruit and sugar mixture, and adjust the
sugar accordingly. Use more or less flour, depending on the
texture of the fruit. Soft fruits need about 2 tablespoons,
firm fruits a little less.
- Strawberry and rhubarb ( use 1/2 cup sugar)
- Peach and blackberry/raspberry
- Apple and cranberry
- Pear ( include 1/4 cup slivered almonds in the topping)
Quady Elysium Black Muscat, California 1997