Cucumber-Horseradish Soup, Pellegrino-Mint Sorbet
Chef Josh Perkins of The Globe – Atlanta, Georgia
Adapted by StarChefs.com
- 4 large European cucumbers, rough chopped
- 23 grams fresh horseradish, grated
- 28 grams mint leaves, fresh picked
- 25 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 14 grams salt
- pinch finely ground white pepper
Pellegrino- Mint Sorbet
- 300 milliliters water
- 300 grams sugar
- 25 grams mint leaves, picked
- 160 grams lemon juice
- 225 grams Pellegrino sparkling water
- 1½ egg whites
For the Cucumber-Horseradish Soup:
Combine all ingredients (minus salt and white pepper) and marinate for 3 to 6 hours. Blend until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh sieve. Adjust seasoning with salt and white pepper.
For the Pellegrino-Mint Sorbet:
In a saucepan, combine water, sugar and mint and bring mixture to a boil. Strain, cool and add lemon juice, sparkling water. Emulsify egg whites into mixture with an immersion blender and process in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
To Assemble and Serve:
Serve soup in a wide, shallow bowl with a quenelle of sorbet in the center.
back to top