Yield: 4 servings
- Fresh ginger (enough to render ¼ cup juice)
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- 1 cup white wine
- 12 white peppercorns
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ pound butter
- 2 sprigs fresh tarragon, chiffonade
- Juice of half a lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 pieces baby romaine, washed and split lengthwise
- 2 pounds buffalo tenderloin, fat and silver skin removed
To Assemble and Serve:
- 1 pound sunchokes, peeled, diced into large segments, blanched al dente
- 1 parsnip, cut in baton, blanched
- 2 red radishes cut in julienne
Place ginger in a juicer and process until ¼ cup juice is rendered. Combine white wine vinegar, white wine, and peppercorns in a saucepan. Place over medium heat and reduce by half. Add egg yolk and whip over bain-marie until thick. Once ribbons form, add butter and season with ginger juice, tarragon, and salt.
For Grilled Romaine:
Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Place romaine, cut in quarters, on a hot grill. Grill romaine about 1 minute per side, or until charred nicely. Remove and season with lemon vinaigrette.
For Roasted Buffalo:
Place a sauté pan over high heat. Divide buffalo into 4 portions and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Place buffalo in pan and roast both sides until rare, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan, let rest. Slice into quarters.
To Assemble and Serve
Place four pieces of wilted romaine on a plate. Arrange sunchokes, parsnips, and radishes on plate. Top with buffalo and drizzle béarnaise over top.
back to top