Yield: 6 Servings
- 2 pounds baby goat loin (or lamb loin)
- 2 ounces of assorted aromatic herbs (preferably a mix of fresh
thyme, Italian parsley, and rosemary)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch turnip tops
- 1 bunch leeks
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper and crushed red pepper, to
Clean the baby goat or lamb loin. Mince the aromatic herbs, and
season the loin with the herbs, and with salt and pepper to taste.
In a large sauté pan over high heat. In a pan heat the oil and fry
the loin to give it a first colouring. Remove from the heat. Place
the loin in a baking pan, and cover well with aluminium foil to
prevent any burning. Bake for 5-8 minutes.
Meanwhile, wash the leeks and turnip tops thoroughly.
In a medium pan sauté them in the 1 remaining tablespoon olive oil
with the garlic and the crushed red pepper. Add salt and pepper
To server, place the turnip tops and the leeks
in the middle of the plate, and arrange slices of the loin on top.
Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil to taste. Serve immediately.