- 4 boneless rabbit legs, pounded flat
- 4 slices Prosciutto di Parma
- 8 fresh, large sage leaves
- 4 bunches leaf spinach, blanched
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Vegetable oil for sautéing
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Lay the rabbit legs out on a work surface. Fold
the prosciutto slices so they fit but not completely cover each
rabbit leg. Place two sage leaves over each prosciutto slice, roll
the meat and secure with toothpicks. Mix the rosemary, garlic and
extra virgin olive oil together to make a marinade. Smear the rabbit
with the marinade and refrigerate until needed.
Simmer the heavy cream and butter in a saucepot
on low heat until reduced by half. Add salt and nutmeg to taste.
Add the spinach and nutmeg to the pot and stir frequently to prevent
sticking. Continue to simmer on low heat.
Preheat an ovenproof skillet on high heat with
the vegetable oil, season the rabbit with salt and pepper and sear
the legs on both sides until they are golden brown. Place the pan
in the oven with the rabbit legs and roast for approximately 15
minutes to finish.
Spoon the spinach on to a serving plate; remove
the toothpicks from the rabbit legs and serve.