Octopus with Hijiki & Spring Garlic
Chef Anita Lo of Annisa in New York City
Adapted by StarChefs
Yield: 4 servings
12 baby octopus, cleaned
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 Tablespoon daikon radish, grated
1 teaspoon sake
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon lemon juice (ideally Meyer)
2 teaspoons salad oil
1 cup hijiki seaweed, rehydrated and strained
1 Tablespoon spring garlic, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon scallion greens, finely sliced on the bias
1 Tablespoon Meyer lemon zest, yellow skin only, grated
1 Tablespoon Meyer lemon juice (may substitute regular lemon juice)
2 Tablespoon grapeseed oil
To taste salt and pepper.
1. Place the octopus in a bowl with the coarse salt, daikon and sake,
knead until the flesh softens.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil and briefly submerge the octopus.
3. Drain and mix with the marinade ingredients.
4. Season with salt and pepper then grill.
1. Mix all the ingredients together.
2. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
1. Serve the octopus with the hijiki salad.
<| Back to Menu