Les Dames D'escoffier And Friends Countdown Toast To Julia Child's 100th Birthday
Les Dames d'Escoffier New York (LDNY)-an organization committed to education, advocacy, and philanthropy within the culinary arts and hospitality fields-and other Les Dames d'Escoffier chapters and culinary organizations around the U.S.A are gearing up to celebrate what would have been Julia's 100th birthday on August 15th, and LDNY is extending a public invitation to post a photo or memento of Julia on Pinterest.com.
"Les Dames d'Escoffier's New York chapter wanted to create a unique, engaging tribute to Julia, who was our organization's first Grande Dame. We want to share our memories of Julia with as many people as possible and encourage others to share theirs as well. Our goal is to create 100 or more tributes to Julia in an online Pinterest scrapbook to share with others. You don't have to be a member to post; anyone can participate and follow along. If you have photos of Julia or dishes inspired by Julia, or a career inspired by Julia, LDNY encourages all to post and comment," said Melanie Young, president of Les Dames d'Escoffier New York.
Food writer/cookbook author and blogger Bonnie Tandy Leblang, a member of LDNY is spearheading the effort by setting up Les Dames d'Escoffier Celebrates Julia's 100th Pinterest Pinboard http://pinterest.com/lesdamesnyjc100/ and these easy to follow instructions for posting:
1. If you are active on Pinterest, and want to add your own pin (photo) to our "Happy 100th Julia" board:
- sign in and follow all "Les Dames NY Toasts Julia's100" boards. We'll add you as a pinner to our Happy 100th Julia" board. Once done, you may add (pin) your photo just like you'd PIN any other board.
2. If you are not active on Pinterest, and want your photo to be included:
- either email your photo - or the online link (its URL uniform resource locator) of your photo - along with the caption that you'd like included to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. If you are not active on Pinterest and would like to be invited to do so:
- send an email to email@example.com and ask to be invited. You will receive that invite in a day or two, as this email address will be monitored only once a day
4. If you are active on Pinterest, and want to just comment on the posted "pins":
- Log into Pinterest and go to http://pinterest.com/lesdamesnyjc100/ Click on the photo, then add your comment in the text box below the image.
5. Still have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org Note this email address will be monitored only once a day, so please be patient. If you need more immediate assistance, email bonnie@BiteoftheBest.com
Les Dames d'Escoffier New York is committed to education, advocacy, and philanthropy within the culinary arts and hospitality fields. These endeavors are primarily achieved through corporate, academic, private and membership funding of its Make A Difference scholarship and mentoring programs to help empower talented and deserving women pursue and achieve leadership roles in their chosen careers. For more information, or contact Dame Ronnie Campbell @ email@example.com or visit www.ldny.org; follow LDNY on Facebook/Les-Dames-dEscoffier-New-York and Twitter@LesDamesNY