The Daily Meal Teams Up With Wusthof To Launch "the Cutting Edge" Special Report
The Daily Meal-Spanfeller Media Group's (SMG) mega food site-has launched a special report: The Cutting Edge sponsored by high-end German knife-maker Wusthof. Cutting across The Daily Meal's multiple channels, the special report offers a look at today's revolutionary culinary happenings, from innovative chefs and restaurants to state-of-the-art kitchen equipment and more.
"Seeking out those who are redefining the culinary industry, The Daily Meal is devoted to providing our community with the latest on the world's foremost food figures, trends and events," said Scott Crystal, president, The Daily Meal. "We're proud to work with Wusthof, a leader in its field, in fulfilling this mission."
Stocked with engaging, original content and video, The Cutting Edge features:
- Trend Setting Events (Entertain Channel) - Original and outrageous trends in social gatherings ranging from casual parties to elegant weddings.
- Outrageous Beverage Gadgets (Drink Channel) - Everything from a coffee machine that responds only to texts to a crazy contraption that can open a bottle of wine and pour it into a glass, hands and spill-free.
- High Tech Gadgets for Home Cooks (Cook Channel) - Home-friendly versions of tools often used in professional restaurant kitchens.
- America's Best Experimental Restaurants (Eat Channel) - A collection of the best experimental eateries that made The Daily Meal's list of 101 Best Restaurants in America, as well as a few other standout dining spots.
- Travel Apps Guide You to Destination's Best Eats (Travel Channel) - A roundup of 10 innovative apps that make finding good food on the road a cinch.
"Those in today's food-centric and hyper-connected culture are keenly interested in discovering, sharing and interacting with their local, cutting-edge chefs, butchers and favorite food bloggers," said Annette Garaghty, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Wusthof-Trident of America, Inc. "We are tapping into this passion by introducing consumers to risk-taking, culinary professionals and products that are pushing the boundaries. With a strong synergy between our brands, The Daily Meal is the perfect platform to launch this new campaign."
Wusthof's defining the Edge, is a new and multi-platform consumer marketing initiative that salutes and aligns itself with edgy young chefs and culinary professionals who share the brand's distinction of challenging the status quo in pursuit of excellence.
The Cutting Edge will go live on The Daily Meal beginning Wednesday, April 25.
About The Daily Meal:
The Daily Meal covers all things food and drink, creating a complete epicurean experience for cooks, food lovers, wine, beer and spirit connoisseurs, discerning diners and everyone in-between. Comprised of original content and video from Award winning editors, industry insiders, tastemakers and the user community, features range across the site's multiple channels: Cook, Eat/Dine, Drink, Travel, Entertain, Best Recipes, Holidays, Lists and Community. The Daily Meal also produces much-anticipated annual reports including the 50 Most Powerful People in Food, America's Most Successful Chefs, 101 Best Restaurants in America and 150 Best Bars in America. Additionally, The Daily Meal Shop, an online cookware store, offers over 7,000 kitchenware and specialty foods tailored specifically to The Daily Meal's hungry following of savvy food enthusiasts. Helmed by editorial director Colman Andrews, The Daily Meal is one of the largest food sites on the Web and the first property of Spanfeller Media Group, founded by Jim Spanfeller. Visit The Daily Meal on Facebook; follow us on Twitter.