Emcee Keegan Gerhard talks while the pastry competitors prepare their dishes
What is the StarChefs.com International Pastry Competition?
• An original, three-day pastry competition designed to showcase the creativity of the most talented pastry chefs in the industry
• 20 pastry chefs compete for the chance to win the grand prize
Pre-competition, September 28: Pastry training and prep for Round 1
Round 1, September 29: Pre-dessert competition
Round 2, September 30: Plated dessert competition
Round 3, October 1: Finalists create three corresponding desserts, each showcasing a different technique
The first and second days of the competition are elimination rounds, culminating in three finalists on the Main Stage during the last day of the ICC. Each of the three competition rounds will be judged based on criteria specific to the items being created and presented that day.
A separate demonstration kitchen will be available to continuing competitors on days one and two for their mise-en-place between elimination rounds.
Round 1: 20 chefs compete for 10 spots to advance to Round 2.
Round 2: 10 chefs compete for three finalist spots and prizes and advance to the final round.
Round 3: 1 pastry chef wins the grand prize.
This year's Grand Prize includes:
• $5,000 cash, an invitation to attend a 5-Star Pastry Series seminar, and a potential opportunity to work with the 5-Star Pastry Series or Ambassador Program with media promotion, stipend, and accommodations Presented by PreGel America
• A WFP16S (New 4 quart Food Processor) Presented by Waring Commercial
• Profile on StarChefs.com
• Montague Vectaire Double Deck, Full-Size Standard Electric Convection Oven, presented by Montague
Additional Prizes Include;
• All Competitors receive a WSB33X (7" Immersion Blender), presented by Waring Commercial
• 3 Finalists receive a WIH400 (Induction Range), presented by Waring Commercial