Emcee Keegan Gerhard talks while the pastry competitors prepare their dishes
What is the StarChefs.com International Pastry Competition?
• An original, three-day pastry competition designed to showcase the creativity of the most talented pastry chefs in the industry
• 20 pastry chefs compete for the chance to win the grand prize
Pre-competition, September 29: Pastry training and prep for Round 1
Round 1, September 30: Pre-dessert competition
Round 2, October 1: Plated dessert competition
Round 3, October 2: Finalists create three corresponding desserts, each showcasing a different technique
The first and second days of the competition are elimination rounds, culminating in three finalists on the Main Stage during the last day of the ICC. Each of the three competition rounds will be judged based on criteria specific to the items being created and presented that day.
Round 1: 20 chefs compete for 10 spots to advance to Round 2.
Round 2: 10 chefs compete for three finalist spots and prizes and advance to the final round.
Round 3: 1 pastry chef wins the grand prize.
Application process is now closed. Thank you to all who applied.
Round Two Finalists:
• $5,000 cash, an invitation to attend a 5-Star Pastry Series seminar, and a potential opportunity to work with the 5-Star Pastry Series or Ambassador Program with media promotion, stipend, and accommodations Presented by PreGel America
• Stage in a top pastry kitchen
• Profile on StarChefs.com
• Montague Vectaire Double Deck, Full-Size Standard Electric Convection Oven presented by Montague
• $5,000 voucher to be used toward the purchase of any piece of Bravo equipment, presented by Bravo (excludes the G20 Model)
Each of the three pastry chefs who move on to the final round will receive the following prizes:
Round One Finalists:
• Waring Commercial Liquilock Food Processor
• $500 equipment voucher to be used towards any piece of Montague equipment Presented by Montague
Each of the 10 pastry chefs who move on to round 2 will receive the following prizes:
• Waring Commercial Spice Grinder- Model WSG30
• Waring Commercial Immersion Blender
A separate demonstration kitchen will be available to continuing competitors on days one and two for their mise-en-place between elimination rounds.