Elbow Deep in Innovation: Hands-on Savory Workshops
Michael Voltaggio showing off his presentation style in Porcelain Canvass: Eating with Your Eyes workshop.
One dish's evolution: Wylie Dufresne explains how his Eggs Benedict came to be.
Brad Farmerie assists a participant putting blood sausage in its casing.
A dish using Devil's Horn herb from Chef Paul Liebrandt of Corton – New York, NY.
Spike Gjerde and Isaiah Billington of Woodberry Kitchen – Baltimore, MD, talk about purveyor relationships as a path to sustainability.
Pastry Chef Albert Adriá tells attendees what a regular day at el Bulli – Roses, Sapin, was like.
Legends José Andrés and David Bouley talk backstage at the 2007 International Chefs Congress.
The Vitamix Challenge judges: Rula Stamatis and Chefs Harold Dieterle, Michael Anthony, and Marcus Samuelsson.
One of David Burke's many Mainstage dishes from his presentation with Doug Piper, “Burke and a Butcher.”
Chef Bart Vandaele of Belga Café – Washington, DC, browses micro greens at the ICC Products Fair.
George Mendes showing off his pan-Iberian techniques.
The savory chef: the cornerstone of the dining experience. There's no wine to pair or dessert or cocktails to follow without that first, imaginative, savory iteration of culinary creativity. And the savory programming at StarChefs.com 7th Annual International Chefs Congress honors that fundamental placement, with three days of workshops that range from the most fundamental techniques to the most extraordinary, ambitious concepts. And this year, as we explore Origins and Frontiers, we'll feature chefs of wide-ranging roles and perspectives, from all corners of the globe and industry. And the sooner you purchase your ICC pass, the earlier you be able to reserve spots in these workshops:
- Tackle the fundamentals of sushi with Masuharu Morimoto (Morimoto – New York City).
- Explore the products and history of the Carolina Rice Kitchen with Sean Brock (Husk – Charleston).
- Join Chef Hooni Kim (Danji – New York) as he transforms beef into incarnations of both traditional and modern Korean dishes.
- Watch two of NOLA's hottest chefs, Bart Bell (Crescent Pie & Sausage Company) and Nathanial Zimet (Boucherie) as they chop, grind, and stuff their way through the history of regional smoked sausages.
- Learn what drives and inspires French Chef Alexandre Gauthier (La Grenouillère) and hear how his boundless creativity have revolutionized the classic French experience.
- Find out from Chefs Michael Reidt (Area 31 – Miami) and Patricia Yeo how build layered flavors with modern techniques to create foams, snows, and rich, smoky stocks using shellfish.
- Watch as Peruvian Chef Marilú Madueño Martínez (Huaca Pucllana) will present the vast bounty of Peruvian flavors and produce, along with some of the modern recipes that put her Lima restaurant in the spotlight.
- Where there's smoke, there's Zak Pelaccio and barbecue from his Fatty Crew (Fatty 'Cue – New York City).
- Practice traditional Spanish ham carving by way of the South with Linton Hopkins (Restaurant Eugene – Atlanta).
- Explore where nature and nurture deliciously cross paths in a sous vide workshop with Matt Lightner (Atera – New York City).
- Taste tapas, tradition, and innovation with Seamus Mullen (Tertulia – New York City).
- Play with your presentation alongside Chris Nugent (Goosefoot – Chicago), who will explore the power of edible visuals.
- Slice deep into the traditions of Jewish appetizing with Russ & Daughters Fourth Generation Co-Owners Niki Russ Federman and Joshua Russ Tupper as the duo discusses their culinary heritage and demonstrates how to hand-slice smoked salmon
- Perfect the exquisite simplicity of pasta with Missy Robbins (A Voce – New York City).
- Listen to former charcuterie maestro Jason Bond (Bondir – Cambridge, MA) share his secrets for turning vegetables into a rich, luscious menu.
- Explore cuisine as a moment in time with Nordic Chef Mathias Dahlgren (Restaurant Mathias Dahlgren – Sweden).
- Taste the deep-fried pizza traditions as Antonio Starita and Roberto Caporuscio demonstrate the montanara pizza from their New York City venture, Don Antonio
- Learn how minimalist cuisine maximizes creativity with Josean Alija Nerua at Restaurant Guggenheim – Spain).