Get Caught in the Mix@ICC
Dale Degroff on the main stage during his and Julian Medina's presentation “Peruvian Pairings: Mixing the Flavors of Peru into Cocktails”
Mixologist Jim Meehan shakes the Five Dollar Buck in his “The Logic of Liqueurs” workshop.
Naomi Schimek speaks during “Je Ne Sais Quoi: Feminine Finesse in Mixology” with Audrey Saunders, Christy Pope, Katie Stipe, and Will Blunt of StarChefs.com.
Participants during Mixologist Jackson Cannon's hands-on workshop “Housemade”
Dave Arnold during his and Nils NorÈn's hands-on workshop “Shaking Up Mixology with the Latest Toys”
Participants sample the Barrel-aged Brooklyn Cocktail by Mixologist Naren Young during his hands-on workshop “Cocktails: It Gets Better with (Barrel) Age.”
With a theme that explores Origins and Frontiers, the mixology programming at the 7th Annual StarChefs.com International Chefs Congress is ahead of the game. Chefs might have done it in pockets, but bartenders were the first group of culinary professionals to base their craft so profoundly on the traditions of the past, building the potential of the next generation on a clear and inviolate connection to the origins of the craft. This year, we celebrate that at ICC, with mixology workshops that are as technical and molecular as they are old school and ancient history. And you can attend them all by purchasing a $199 ICC beverage package. Register with the code BEVICC to get an all-access pass to wine and spirits workshops—plus a three-day conference pass. Sign up to attend these workshops:
- Behold as Dave Arnold (Booker and Dax – New York City) coaxes taste into cocktails with the latest technology.
- Sip on old school classics as New Orleans Mixos Neal Bodenheimer and Kirk Estopinal share the genteel magic and textual diversity of Bellocq's cobbler cocktails.
- Get ringside for this cocktail séance summoning Jerry Thomas with Dave Wondrich (Esquire – New York City), Bobby Heugel (Anvil Bar & Refuge – Houston), and Audrey Saunders (Pegu Club – New York City).
- Taste why tart's the next it flavor, as Kelley Slagle (Cocktail Kingdom – New York City) and Lynnette Marrero (Drinksat6 – New York City) mix vinegar into cocktails.
- Get the party started with DJ Dieselboy (aka Damian Higgins), Mixologist Jim Meehan (PDT – New York City), and Chef/Designer Taavo Somer as they explore that fun place where commerce, fashion, and cocktails converge.
- Bubble up to the history and future of carbonation in cocktails with mixology maestro Jeffrey Morgenthaler (Clyde Commons – Portland).
- Listen in on a fireside chat with Gaz Regan (Ardent Spirits – New York City) as he recalls some of the best bartenders of his career.
- Learn to waxes savvy and poetical on the virtues of Chilean pisco—from grape to bottle to bar with Dave Wondrich
- Experience the other side of beverage service with wine workshops from Daniel Johnnes, Michael Madrigale, Pascaline Lepeltier, Lisa Granik, Emily Wines, and more.