The Bottom Line from Top Experts: Business Seminars
We tend to preoccupy ourselves with the final product of the restaurant industry: a polished plate, an exquisite pairing, or the perfect bite. But none of it happens without business. And we're not just talking paperwork. We mean the concepts, inspirations, and sheer will to continue on in the face of so many logistical, financial, and practical hurdles.
Business is at the guts of the industry, and at the 7th Annual StarChefs.com International Chefs Congress we'll explore how the business side of the industry is challenging and changing itself. And the sooner you purchase your ICC pass, the earlier you be able to reserve spots in these workshops:
Michael Ruhlman, Marco Pierre White, and Anthony Bourdain on the main stage for "The Role of the Chef" discussion panel
Andrè Soltner, Georges Perrier, and Alain Saihlac in the “French Trailblazers” business workshop
David Kinch and Thomas Keller on the main stage during the keynote address
Francis Lam, Ed Levine, Tony Susi, Marcus Samuelsson, and Antoinette Bruno during the New Media business workshop
Chef Noriuki Sugie of Ironnori – Los Angeles, CA speaking during the “Pop Ups” seminar
Richard Melman of Lettuce Entertain You – Chicago, IL speaking with an attendee after his “Pick the Brain of Master Restaurateur” workshop
- Learn how Chipotle straddles large-format expedience and quality with Chefs Nate Appleman, Kyle Connaughton, and Joel Holland.
- Be inspired by the work of Sat Bains (Restaurant Sat Bains – England), John Besh (Besh Restaurant Group – New Orleans), Richard Grausman (C-CAP – New York City), and Marcus Samuelsson (Red Rooster Harlem – New York City) as the discuss the role of chef in community building.
- See Martin Kastner push the boundaries of perception, form, and function as he discusses his work as primary designer for Grant Achatz.
- Not all tomatoes are equal. Hear from former peasant farmer and now human rights activist Gerardo Reyes Chávez, Chef Jose Duarte (Taranta – Boston), and food politics journalist Barry Estabrook in a serious discussion about sustainability and safe and fair labor practices.
- Forget awkward growth spurts. Rick Camac (Fatty Crew – New York City), Sam Hazen (LDV Hospitality Group – New York City), Peter Kelly (Xaviars Restaurant Group – Piermont), Brett Traussi (Restaurant Daniel/Dinex Group – New York City), and Steve Zagor (Institute of Culinary Education – New York City) have the secret to growing your restaurant empire gracefully.
- Savor the flavor of a thousand words as Photographer Penny de Los Santos teaches you how to get your shot, frame your dishes, and capture your culinary vision.
- Go beyond the kitchen as Matt and Ted Lee (The Lee Bros. – Charleston, SC), Sisha Ortúzar (Riverpark – New York City), and Anne Quatrano (Star Provisions – Atlanta) discuss book deals, television gigs, retail—and the expanding role of today's chefs.
- Find out how Chef Sang Yoon (Father's Office – Los Angeles) breached new frontiers in kitchen design through an approach that is practical, holistic, cost-effective, and creative.