Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger saves the lives of severely malnourished children and helps vulnerable communities become self-sufficient. Join us in restoring health, dignity and independence worldwide.
What Makes us Unique
Action Against Hunger saves lives today while building long-term strategies for self-sufficiency:
- Lifesaving impact in 40+ countries
- 5,000+ field staff assisting more than six million people each year
- 30+ years of expertise in contexts of conflict, disasters and food crises
Our global efforts save hundreds of thousands of lives each year, but millions of malnourished children remain in need of lifesaving treatment. Join us today and help save a life.
Why Our Work Matters
Deadly malnutrition kills 3.5 million childhood each year, even though it’s:
- PREDICTABLE: We know where and when to expect acute malnutrition
- PREVENTABLE: We know how to help children stay healthy
- TREATABLE: Therapeutic ready-to-use foods can help save millions
- AFFORDABLE: Just $50 can provide a child with lifesaving treatment
We know how to save starving children if we can reach them. Help extend our reach.
Where Your Money Goes
We dedicate as much of our funding as possible to our lifesaving humanitarian programs.
In 2011, ACF spent $0.93 of every donated dollar on program activities (find out more):
We’re Highly Rated
You can trust Action Against Hunger. Here’s why:
- Highest four-star rating from Charity Navigator, six years in a row
- Selected a 2011 “Top Nonprofit” by Philanthropedia
- Listed as an “A”-rated organization by CharityWatch
- We're accountable, meeting all 20 Better Business Bureau standards
- Earning Guidestar's Exchange Seal for our commitment to transparency
- Awarded the “Best in America” seal by the Independent Charities of America
We're Self-Critical: External Evaluations
Action Against Hunger has a long harnessed external evaluations to help identify program strengths, weaknesses and best practices. Our 2011 Learning Review details these evaluations and highlights over a dozen best practices from some of the most unique, cutting-edge, and unorthodox humanitarian programs taking place today.
What Others Are Saying
Don’t take it from us: here’s what others have to say of our work:
“ACF is a NGO that is action oriented. I can truthfully say that they deliver services to those in need and are very present on the ground. They make lasting positive change in the lives of people. I worked for them in four countries and have a good understanding of how they work.”
– Holimata, Great Nonprofits Review, December 8, 2011
Go deeper and learn more about our work: