Mixologist Sother Teague of Amor y Amargo - Biography
New York, NY
After graduating from the California Culinary Academy in 1996, Sother Teague spent several years as a journeyman cook under Southern stalwarts Ben Barker of The Magnolia Grill and Scott Howell of Nanna’s in North Carolina. During this time, from the vegetable patch to the barnyard, Teague developed a mantra to live by: Not Afraid of Flavor.
When the opportunity arose to work as the research and technical chef for Alton Brown on the Food Network show “Good Eats,” Teague moved to Atlanta. He enjoyed the educational aspect of the program and got hooked on teaching. So Teague set off for Vermont for a post at the New England Culinary Institute.
When Teague moved to New York, a “happy accident” landed him behind the bar. Formerly of Rye in Brooklyn, Teague now forms part of the mixology team at both Amor y Amargo and El Cobre, where he combines research and kitchen skills with a newfound love for drinks and cocktail culture.
Top 5 Jobs
- Upscale Restaurant Seeks Experienced Executive Chef
- Line cooks sought immediately at this upscale downtown hotspot...
- Washington DC Marriott is Seeking a Senior Banquet Chef
- The Esteemed Patina Restaurant Group is Seeking Sous Chefs in LA
- Southern fine dining line cook must have 2-3 years experience.