Sommelier Scott Tyree of Tru - Biography
Scott is a graduate of Northwestern University's School of Speech with a degree in Radio, Television and Film. While studying in the Bordeaux region of France, he developed a fascination with wine and viniculture. Upon his return to the United States, Scott plunged headlong into the wine industry and decided to pursue a career as a sommelier. He has passed the Certificate and Advanced Examinations of The Court of Master Sommeliers and is currently pursuing the prestigious title of Master Sommelier with The Court in the Spring of 2002. In 1996, Scott accepted the position of sommelier at Lettuce Entertain You's bustling Shaw's Crab House. He became wine director at TRU in 1999 where his wine program has received accolades from such respected publications as Food and Wine Magazine (Top Ten Best New Wine Lists in the U.S. for 2000) and Wine Spectator (Best Award of Excellence 2000 and 2001).
Sommelier Scott Tyree
676 North St. Clair Street
Chicago, IL 60611
Top 5 Jobs
- Line cooks sought immediately at this upscale downtown hotspot...
- Be a part of Baltimore's newest and only ultra boutique hotel
- Relais and Chateaux Farm to Table Concept Seeking Line Cooks
- Lead a from-scratch, casual kitchen, serving nourishing food...
- Lead our nationally recognized culinary program at A-B Tech!