Chef Peter Woolsey of Bistrot La Minette - Biography
Chef Peter Woolsey has devoted nearly his entire life to French cooking, and is driven by the desire to pay homage to the generations of chefs, French and otherwise, who have come before him. Born and raised in Philadelphia, Woolsey started cooking professionally at the Walforf-Astoria Hotel in New York City, but a chance to study pastry at Le Cordon Bleu drew him to Paris. He graduated and then took a job at Lucas Carton, where he fell in love with French culture and people (he met his eventual wife while there). After moving back to Philadelphia, Woolsey worked at Le Mas Perrier and Striped Bass, then took over as executive pastry chef of Washington Square. But his devotion to French cuisine took the next step when in 2008 he opened his own ode to Gaulic cuisine, Bistrot La Minette.
Chef Peter Woolsey
- Bistrot La Minette
623 South 6th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147
Top 5 Jobs
- Patrick O'Connell's Inn at Little Washington is Expanding!
- Line cooks sought for May 1 opening for this upscale hotspot...
- The Ocean House is looking to hire a Chef de Cuisine
- The Beach & Tennis Club at Pebble Beach Seeks Demi Chef de Partie
- Be At The Center Of The Action - Talented Banquet Chef Sought