Sommelier Michael Maller of Mateo Bar de Tapas - Biography
After traveling through Spain and experiencing some of the country’s greatest wines, Michael Maller knew he was destined to spend his days drinking and sharing the good stuff. A stint at New York’s Gramercy Tavern led to an opportunity with Chef Matt Kelly of North Carolina’s Vin Rouge. Maller next helped open Mateo Bar de Tapas with Kelly, and he now is ushering in the Triangle’s next age of wine, and turning an educated clientele onto Sherry. As the beverage director of Mateo and the beverage director and general manager of Vin Rouge, his extensive wine lists pair well with Kelly’s locally sourced, globally inspired menus, while shining a spotlight on some of Spain’s greatest wines.
Sommelier Michael Maller
- Mateo Bar de Tapas
109 West Chapel Hill Street
Durham, NC 27701
Top 5 Jobs
- Line Cook Opportunity Available in Lake Tahoe with Great Benefits
- Vista.Kitchen.Bar, one of OC's hottest upcoming spots is hiring!
- Southern fine dining line cook must have 2-3 years experience.
- Lead the team at Ohio's only AAA Five-Diamond restaurant
- Walt Disney Resorts are Seeking a Talented Sous Chef