Chef Matt Gennuso of Wurst Kitchen - Biography
Rhode Island native Matt Gennuso traveled far and wide to learn all he could about food, so that in the end he could return home to share his cuisine with Providence. Gennuso’s journey began at the Culinary Institute of America. He spent one year in Holland honing his skills and then worked under notable chefs such as Chef Paul Bertolli of Oliveto in Oakland, California, and Tom Colicchio during his time at Gramercy Tavern in New York. In Boston, Gennuso worked at Hamersley’s Bistro where he mastered his butchery skills—a first step toward charcuterie.
In 2003, back in his home state, Gennuso opened Chez Pascal, where he features Rhody produce on his French-inspired seasonal menu. In 2009, he started selling his sausages from a truck, which eventually turned into walk-up window and casual eatery called Wurst Kitchen that specializes in outstanding Rhode Island “saugies.”
Chef Matt Gennuso
- Wurst Kitchen
960 Hope Street
Providence, RI 02906
Top 5 Jobs
- Supplement your business with ongoing back-of-the-house meal prep
- Mei Mei seeks team-oriented line cooks for immediate hire!
- Hospitality Group Seeking Restaurant Manager for new location
- Line Cooks Needed at Beautiful Florida Marriott Property
- Award winning Relais & Chateaux in Rockies looking for Sous Chef