Sommelier Andrew Myers of CityZen - Biography
Andrew Myers knows that being a sommelier isn’t just talking about wines—it’s about listening to them. It’s a lesson he learned from mentor Terry Theise that’s carried into his own career. Currently an Advanced Sommelier and on his way to his Masters (he aspires to be the most heavily tattooed Master Sommelier in history), Myers takes each pairing dish by dish, rejecting a general philosophy for the pleasure and challenge of developing idiosyncratic pairings. A self-professed “freak for German Riesling,” Myers first discovered his love of wine 12 years ago at The Inn at Little Washington and hasn’t looked back since. When he’s not working on his 750-bottle list as the sommelier at DC’s CityZen, you’ll either find Myers in the water (he’s an avid scuba diver) or playing drums with his heavy metal band.
This tattooed sommelier’s perfect wine and food pairing? 2006 Escoda-Sanahuja Chenin Blanc with Confit of Italian Eggplant with Zucchini Cappellini Sweet Peppers, Basil Vinaigrette, and Squash Blossom Tempura.
Sommelier Andrew Myers
1330 Maryland Avenue Southwest
Washington, DC 20024
Top 5 Jobs
- Established Restaurant Seeks Experienced Executive Chef
- NYC Based Catering Company Seeking Working Sous Chef!
- Line Cook needed at beautiful, upscale private Club on beach
- High volume catering company seeks an Innovative Executive Catering Chef
- Sous Chef Five Diamond Restaurant striving to be the best