Chef Alex Yoder of Olympic Provisions - Biography
Chef Alex Yoder was born in Portland to a family that loved cooking. He inherited a love of food and the outdoors. He went on to study Sociology at Southern Oregon University in Ashland, Oregon. While in college, Yoder worked part time at a French restaurant as a dishwasher, prep cook, and waiter. Eventually he dropped out of college and started cooking full time. When he moved back to Portland from Ashland he worked under Chef Kevin Gibson and Sous Chef Elias Cairo at Castagna. Early in his career he elected not to attend culinary school, a decision he is pleased to have made.
Yoder has spent the last decade cooking in restaurants heavily influenced by French, Italian, and Spanish cuisine. His approach remains cohesive, though. “I cook the food that I like to eat," says Yoder. He worked as sous chef at Portland's bustling Clyde Common before taking the role of executive chef at Olympic Provisions.
Chef Alex Yoder
- Olympic Provisions
107 Southeast Washington Street
Portland, OR 97214
Top 5 Jobs
- Organized Kitchen Supervisor Needed at Orlando Marriott Property
- Orlando Marriott is Seeking a Talented Senior Sous Chef
- Executive Chef Needed at Beautiful Brooklyn Botanical Gardens!
- Chef, Michelin, Zagat, Chef de Cuisine, Upscale Dining
- Talented Cooks Needed for Beautiful Ritz-Carlton in Half Moon Bay