For Filet Mignon
- 1 (10 ounce) filet mignon
- 1 slice blue cheese butter
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Mashed Potatoes (see recipe below)
For Blue Cheese Butter
- 1/2 pound blue cheese, such as Gorgonzola
- 1 pound butter, softened
- 1 cup fine breadcrumbs, such as panko
For Mashed Potatoes
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ pound of butter, slightly softened
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Prepare the Blue Cheese Butter:
In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir until thoroughly combined.
Place mixture between two sheets of parchment paper and roll out
the mixture to the approximate size of filet. Chill until needed.
Prepare the Mashed Potatoes:
In a stockpot, bring water to a boil over high heat. Boil the potatoes
until a knife can be easily inserted into the center of a chunk.
Drain the water. Mash the potatoes with the milk and butter. Season
with salt and pepper, to taste.
On a hot grill, cook filet mignon slightly under desired temperature.
Top filet with blue cheese butter slice and brown under the broiler.
Toss plum tomatoes with olive oil and grill. Place mashed potatoes
at the top of a dinner plate, the filet at 6:00, and the grilled
tomatoes on either side.
Honig Cabernet Sauvignon