- 1 cup blended olive oil (25% canola oil, 75% olive oil)
- ¼ bunch cilantro, rough chopped
- 1 cup oyster sauce
- ½ Tablespoon white pepper
- 8 (6 ounce) strip steaks
For Nam Pla Vinaigrette
- 4 ounces fish sauce
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Thai chilies, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon Nam Prik Pao (chili paste)
- 3 dried red mild chilies, with the seeds removed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded
- 2 red bell peppers, julienned
- 2 tomatoes, julienned
- 1 red onion, julienned
- 4 green onions, julienned
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 4 ounces Mesclun salad mix, washed and dried
Prepare the Marinade:
In a shallow dish, combine all ingredients, except steaks. Mix
well. Add steaks and marinate meat for at least 2 hours.
Prepare the Nam Pla Vinaigrette:
In a blender, combine all ingredients. Puree mixture until smooth.
Set aside until needed.
Prepare the Salad:
In a salad or mixing bowl, add all ingredients. Toss gently
Remove steak from marinade. On a grill or in grill pan, cook steak
to desired doneness then let the meat rest briefly. Slice steak
into thin strips. Toss salad with Nam Pla vinaigrette dressing and
place desired amount on each plate. Top salad with strips of steak.
Gewurtztraminer, Murphy-Goode, Alexander Valley, 1999