with White Beans, Rosemary, Mâche and Mint Oil
Yield: 4 appetizer servings
- 1 1/2 cups great northern beans,
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves,
- 2 Tablespoons plus 3/4 cup extra
virgin olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons red onion, finely
- 1 Tablespoon fresh marjoram leaves,
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups fresh mâche, washed
and spun dry
- 12 prawns, size U-10, with heads
on, partially peeled
- Salt and pepper to taste
Pre-heat grill or broiler. Bring 3
cups water to boil in a small saucepan.
In a mixing bowl, stir together cooked
beans, rosemary, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, red
onion, marjoram, and juice and zest of lemon. Season with
salt and pepper.
Plunge mint leaves into boiling water
for 30 seconds and remove to ice bath. Squeeze excess liquid
from leaves and process in food processor for one minute with
3/4 cup olive oil. Set aside.
Mix mâche with beans and arrange
in center on four plates.
Season prawns with salt and pepper,
brush with oil and grill until cooked through. Remove from
grill and stack three prawns on each plate against mâche
and beans in a tee-pee fashion.
Drizzle with mint and serve.