SWEET PEA AND CORIANDER POTAGE
"The Natural Kitchen: Soy" by Dana Jacobi, Prima Publishing
Adapted by StarChefs
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped, 1 cup
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 10-ounce package frozen baby green peas
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened regular soymilk
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, lightly packed
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Sauté
the onion, celery, garlic and ginger until the onion is translucent,
about 5 minutes.
2. Add the vegetable broth or water. Bring the soup to a simmer
and cook 10 minutes, until the celery is almost soft.
3. Add the frozen peas and cook until they are heated through,
about 5 minutes. Mid in the soymilk and fresh coriander.
4. In a food processor, puree the soup in 2 batches, if necessary.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Serve the soup chilled. For seasoning, stir in 2 teaspoons lime
juice along with the salt and pepper.