Natural Kitchen: Soy" by Dana Jacobi, Prima Publishing 1996
Adapted by StarChefs
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 loosely packed cups parsley leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed mint leaves
- 3 large or 6 small scallions, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces firm regular tofu, frozen and defrosted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 10 large cherry tomatoes, quartered and drained
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Place the parsley, mint, and scallions in a food processor. Pulse
to chop them coarsely. Squeeze the water from the tofu and crumble
it in with the greens. Pulse until the mixture is finely chopped.
Transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
2. Mix the onion and tomatoes into the chopped greens. Add the
lemon juice and oil and mix well. Season to taste with salt and
pepper. Let stand 1 hour before serving, to allow the flavors to
blend. Or, cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.