Submitted By: Claudia Croft
Gumbo in a Flash!
- 1 lb hamb., shrimp or assorted sea food
- 1 med. - lg. onion, diced
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen okra
- 1 (24 oz) Picante sauce (mild, med. or hot)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can white corn (drained)
- 1 can great northern beans (drained)
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 to 3 tblsp chili powder
If using hamburger, fry, drain and set aside. In large dutch oven add olive oil and saute onion.
Add all remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil.
Cover, turn heat down to simmer and cook
for 20 minutes.
Can be served over rice or alone in a bowl.
Back to QuickMeals:[StarChef recipes]
Main Menu | Recipe Search | Newsgroups | Rumbles & Murmurs | Culinary Careers
QuickMeals | Secret Ingredients |
Help Wanteds | Archives | Feedback
Copyright © 1999 StarChefs
All rights reserved.