- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 11/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped topping (optional)
- Chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat the bottom and side
of a 10-inch springform pan with vegetable oil.
For the crust, microwave the butter in a medium
microwave-safe dish on High for 30 to 60 seconds
or until melted. Add the graham cracker crumbs and
sugar and mix well. Pat the crumb mixture over
the bottom of the prepared pan.
For the filling, combine the cream cheese and
sugar in a medium mixer bowl. Beat at medium-high
speed until creamy, scraping the bowl occasionally.
Add the pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg and mix well.
Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating until blended after
each addition. Spoon into the prepared crust.
Bake for 50 minutes. Remove the pan to a wire rack.
Increase the oven temperature to 400F.
For the topping, mix the sour cream, sugar and
vanilla in a medium mixing bowl. Spread the
sour cream mixture evenly over the top of the cheesecake.
Bake for 8 minutes longer. Cool to room temperature
on a wire rack. Run a sharp knife around the outer edge
to loosen the cheesecake; remove the side.
Chill, covered, for 4 hours to overnight. Garnish
with whipped topping and pecans.