- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. each baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. each salt and ground cloves
- 1 cup oil
- 1 (16 oz.) can (2 cups) pumpkin (plain)
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
Heat oven to 350. Grease 15X10X1-inch or 13X9X2-inch baking pan.
Combine all bar ingredients except nuts and raisins; beat at
low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes more at medium speed.
Stir in nuts and raisins by hand. Pour into pan.
Bake @ 350 for 25 to 30 min. (45 to 50 min. for 13X9X2-inch pan),
or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted into bowl
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter, room temperature
- 1 (3 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Combine all ingredients, beat until smooth.
Frost when cooled. Cut into bars. Store in refridgerator.
(This frosting is made exquisite by replacing
the 1 tbsp. milk with about 1 tbsp. Bailey's or Kahlua liqueur!)
I found the above recipes on the back of a raisin box! Yummy!